Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exercise Equipment


Purchasing exercise equipment after you are warned by your doctor that you are at risk for heart disease is a must. Even if you have heart disease already or just survived a heart attack, exercising is a must.

The importance of exercising to avoid or recover from heart disease is documented in many studies. It reduces LDL cholesterol raises HDL Cholesterol, reduces high blood pressure, and reduces stress and depression. The positive effects are enormous.

Joining a gym is a good option, in a gym there are personal trainers, there is a group environment, and there is some peer pressure watching others exercising.

The problem is that at times it is difficult to keep to a strict schedule, other things come up, and you simply cannot make it to the gym. Besides, there are many people that simply do not want to go to the gym for whatever the reason.

Why should you lose a day or several days of exercising, and lose all the benefits? You do not have to. You can purchase exercise equipment and create your own home gym, to be used whenever you cannot make it to the gym.

I know from my own experience that after my heart attack, at first I went to cardiac rehab, when I finished the program I joined a gym. Then things came up and I simply couldn't make it to the gym, so I went out to purchase exercise machines. I bought a treadmill, an elliptical machine, a stationary bicycle, and some dumbbells. I like the variety, and it allows for cross training. I created my own home gym.

There are many different types of fitness equipment to choose from. You can even get some ideas to what particular exercise program you like, when you read a fitness magazine.

The most important thing is to be committed to an exercise and fitness program, where you exercise within your target heart rate zone for at least 20 minutes a minimum of 3 times per week.

Doing so you know that you are doing all you can to avoid heart disease.

1 comment:

  1. Fitness gadgets are becoming more and more important day by day into our lives. Different equipments are created by companies to help us keep track of our health. I found the information in this article helpful for my research. Thanks!

    Group Training Bulleen

    ReplyDelete